Week 24: Tourism and Pilgrimage Online Gathering
Week 24: Tourism and Pilgrimage
A replay of the gathering will be posted right here a day after the session!
Join us Tuesday, June 15 at 6pm Jerusalem time for an online gathering as we learn about tourism and pilgrimage in Palestine, and how Israeli policies that negatively affect both. Our guest will be George Rishmawi of Siraj Center and Palestinian Heritage Trail.
Please register to join us. Here are the details:
Time: Tuesday, June 15, at 6:00pm East Jerusalem, Palestine time (UTC+3) That’s…
- Pacific (Seattle/Vancouver): 8am
- Central (Chicago): 10am
- Eastern (New York/Toronto): 11am
- Atlantic: 12pm
- Newfoundland: 12:30pm
- Greenwich (London): 4pm
- Central Europe (Paris/Stockholm): 5pm
- South Africa: 5pm
- Manila: 11pm
Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/94679502800 (You don’t have to register to join. Simply put the gathering on your calendar and use this link to join us.)
More about our guest:
George Rishmawi is a Christian Palestinian activist from Beit Sahour near Bethlehem, Palestine, who believes in and works for peace using non-violent methods. He has wide experience of the situation of Palestinians living under occupation, and knows many of the people, organizations and NGOs campaigning locally and internationally.
In his capacity as Coordinator for the Siraj Center for Holy Land Studies (www.sirajcenter.org) which he co-founded in 2005, his advocacy activities include:
- organizing and leading international group tours of Israel/Palestine;
- organizing the Palestine Encounter program which brings International visitors to Palestine for first-hand experience of living with Palestinian families and working with Palestinian activists;
- acting as Executive Director of the Abraham Path ( Masar Ibrahim), a programme which bring people from all faiths to walk along the Steps of Abraham Path between Jenin and Hebron and learn about Abrahamic values and traditions (www.masaribrahim.ps)
Activism Time slides available as PDF here.
Full Kumi Action at:
From the Presentation/Chat
Coming after the session.